Here we go.

01 October 2009

More Olive St. photos!

Our realtor let us in to our soon-to-be home yesterday evening so we could take window measurements & get some more photos. I got a better view of the bathroom. Yikes. Yikes. And in the hallway, it appears something was sprayed on the walls near the top & it oozed down. I hope it's bug spray, but even that is weird. Anyway.

Here's one of the rooms in the building out back:



Back of house:


Front door w/entry way closet. Please note the fantastic doorknob on the closet. I do find it strange that the fire alarm is in the entryway:



2nd/guest bedroom w/ stylish light fixture:



Sometimes my camera will take a random shot on it's own. See?:


The bathroom is ghastly! I may have to submit this to some HGTV show for a total redo. Gag!:





We've got a phone nook! And there's that ooze coming down the wall. WTH is that?:


Master bedroom w/ the same vintage light fixture as the other bedroom. Neat shelves!:



Hallway closet. We have so much storage space!


Kitchen. We will need a stove and icebox.:

Finally! A place to put all of my vinegars, oils, sauces, spices, etc.
Pantry:


Laundry:



Hallway:


Front door. We're thinkin' blue, maybe. Maybe.:

6 comments:

kmhd said...

Speaking of HGTV, I saw them treat a pink tub like that by repainting it. It can be done and well. I am sensing a demo will have to go down in there.

tre said...

The "spray" or whatever that stuff is looks like it could easily be taken out with a good wall washing. Whenever I painted the walls at the old house, I'd occasionally slather too much on and get that effect. I'm still not sure what the substance is, but scrub it off and we'll never have to think about it again.

Love the shelves and all of the storage. Jealous of the mail slot (we recently had an ant invasion in our mailbox.) Can't wait to see a pic of a slim little cellphone sitting on top of the phone nook.

What do all the NOTICE papers say, like the one on top of the toilet?

AMD & KMHD said...

KIM, I think I will basically have to be drunk to take a shower in that bathroom.

TRE, Andrew actually touched the ooze when we looked at the house on Saturday. It was still wet! I'm hoping it's nothing 409 can't take care of.

I love the storage. We have none right now. I'm thrilled at the idea of not having to look at the steam cleaner on a daily basis.

You had ants in your mailbox?! FEAR ANTS. Shudder.

That phone nook will be my official Tony Alamo shrine.

Notice forms said how the house was winterized.

nicole said...

I love the colored tile. And the telephone cubby hole. And the hardwood floors. Overall, there's A LOT to love about your house. Can't wait to see all of your personal touches.

I FEEL YOU on the bathroom. Ours is gross. In two years, I haven't taken a bath, only showers. I would never bathe our (future) kids in there either. The dogs, yes. The babies, no. And we have a mold problem. It's very likely to be bad for your health to use our bathroom. Sorry, folks!

AMD & KMHD said...

Nicole: We will be having an 'open house' on Halloween/my birthday weekend. Feel free to stop by! I'll give you directions, whatnot.

nicole said...

Oooh, thanks! Would love to see the new place. Sending early birthday wishes. xo.

Blog Archive